Experience the pleasure of living in the round in an authentic six metre yurt, fully insulated with its own wood burner fire and views down the Sound. Featuring a luxury King size bed and a deluxe double bed, it sleeps four (cot available)
There’s a well equipped Shared kitchen for Self-catering, and if you don’t fancy cooking we can do our famous $25 pizzas…
- breakfast provided includes organic bacon and free range eggs, hot home baked bread, muesli & fruit with coffee and croissants.
- BBQ on the terrace
- Sleeps 4 in One luxury king and one double bed (+ cot)
- private outdoor hot shower and composting toilet
- Free shuttle from Torea Bay or Punga Cove
- Free luggage transfer for Queen Charlotte Track walkers and bikers
- Private swimming Beach
- Wood fired Hot tub under the stars
- Glow Worm tour
Our main season is Oct-April but we stay open through the winter too for that cosy retreat in the Sounds stillness! Check in from 4pm, checkout 10am.
There’s no better place in NZ. Having never been to the Sounds, I had no idea what to expect but Kate and Ian’s place at Kenepuru Head was a dreamscape. The yurt was magical and I had the most credible shower with a Weka! Kate and Ian were amazing hosts who were generous with their time, knowledge of the area, and hospitality. We didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to go back. – Ines, Wellington January 2018 (AirBnB)
Autumn Special $300 per night including breakfast, from April 7th
and if you’ve got a bigger party (up to 6 people) you can have both the Yurt and Summerhouse for only $450 – contact us about the Yurt+ deal.